Shipping and Returns
Shipping & Returns
Direct to Consumer Delivery Policy
What GIG Guitars Does:
- GIG Guitars will process an item for a direct to consumer order. This can be shipped to a business or residential address using either Australia Post E-Parcel or StarTrack Express or collected by a courier on behalf of the Retailer.
- GIG Guitars will provide the Consignment details to the nominated email address.
What we don’t do:
- Goods delivered to residential addresses will not require a POD (proof of Delivery) note – goods will be left at the premises, without a signature, if the customer is not home.
GIG Guitars takes no responsibility for lost or stolen goods.
Australia Post and Star Track Express have their own policy regarding this procedure. We recommend you visit their websites at http://auspost.com.au/index.html www.startrackexpress.com.au for a better understanding of their proof of delivery policy.
- As GIG Guitars are delivering on behalf of the purchaser, insurance of the goods is the responsibility of the purchaser. If any goods are damaged in transit, the store takes no responsible for the item and all logistics of return and it’s cost of re-supply.
If you require GIG Guitars to insure the goods on your behalf, please request this on the Purchase order for each Direct Ship order.
An additional insurance charge will be applied to the invoice.
- All goods lost or stolen, after being left at the consumer’s premises, is not the responsibility of GIG Guitars.
- GIG Guitars will not be responsible for following up delivery details, or any delivery discrepancies, this is the responsibility of you, the purchaser. We will only provide a consignment tracking info.
Details of your parcel can then be viewed on the Courier Website, using this Consignment number. If the matter cannot be resolved easily by tracking the Consignment Number from the relevant tracking Websites, GIG Guitars will endeavor to resolve it.
We are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind. But you can choose a refund or exchange if an item has a major problem.
This is when the item:
- has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it
- is unsafe
- is significantly different from the sample or description
- doesn’t do what we said it would, or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
Alternatively, you can choose to keep the item and we will compensate you for any drop in value. If the problem is not major, we will repair the item within a reasonable time. If it is not repaired in a reasonable time you can choose a refund or replacement.
- Lost Gift Vouchers will not be refunded but should be able to be redeemed should you loose your physical voucher
Please keep your proof of purchase – e.g. your receipt.
Conditions of Returns
Returnable items are subject to the following…
- The product is faulty
- The product is not the same product that was ordered
- The product does not perform to the Manufacturers specifications
- The product has been damaged in transit (please take note of all parcels immediately upon receiving from postage or courier and where possible take a photo of damage)
- Items must be returned within 7 days
- Items must be returned with original packaging and supplied accessories (ie; power supply, manuals)
- Items must be returned as new, and free of scratches or marks
- A copy of original receipt must accompany your return
- You must contact the store before sending back any items
- Returns may not be granted for products such as Print Music (due to Copyright Laws), Kazoos, Tin Whistles, Recorders (due to hygiene reasons)
- Returns will not be granted due to a customer’s change of mind, or ordering the wrong product.
- All faulty items will be directed back to suppliers for warranty assessment. This is no guarantee that a product will be replaced, repaired or refunded.